Here's some helpful tips to keep students on track!
- E-mail me with general questions and concerns. I will try to respond quickly.
- You can make an appointment for a conference by calling 936-709-5100 if you have sensitive issues to share and discuss.
- Read to and with your child daily for 20 minutes. Help your child develop daily routines. ( Ex: pack backpack and snack, make lunch, take bath, pick out clothes and shoes the night before, eat dinner, have family time, and bedtime by 8:30 p.m.).
- Talk with your child about their day. Ask questions like: What did you like best? What was the worse part? Why? What would make it better?.
- Go over Houston rules, routines, and procedures with them. Ask them why each is important for all student's success.
- No toys at school please. This includes stuffed animals.
- Please send a sweater or jacket with the child's name on tag for the class.
- Please have a change of clothes in your child's backpack in case of an accident
- We are working on setting our daily routines and schedules for lessons in the classroom. Please discuss with your child your expectations for them. New Pre-kindergarteners need encouragement to make good choices about how they spend their time at school. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Please send a note if your child has a medical condition which requires more restroom visits.
Please ask your child what color he/she was on for his/her behavior that day. Please discuss, read, initial, remove papers, sign forms, and return DAILY.
What We are Doing in Class:
Language Arts: letter recognition
Math: Counting aloud to 10, number recognition
Writing: Writing our names and letters
Science: healthy habits (ex: washing our hands, blowing our noses and germs), plants and Spring
Things To Practice at Home:
Tying shoes, zipping/unzipping, buttoning/unbuttoning, buckling/unbuckling belts and clothing
Writing their first name beginning with a capital letter and all others are lower case letters
Counting aloud to 30
Number recognition 0-10
Identifying shapes (Rectangle, Triangle, Circle, and Square)
Identifying letter names (Upper and lower case)
Identifying letter sounds
Cutting with scissors
Wish List :
snacks (gold fish, fruit loops and animal crackers)
cardstock paper (white and color)